Friday, March 12, 2010

Good bye

Most of you know that a couple of weeks ago, my dad went to be with the Lord. There are several of you who have posted on Facebook, wonderful words about him. I just want to post some of those here as well. Thank you to everyone who came by to see him, called, and prayed. I have only choose very few condolences that I found that discribed my dad, their were many.

Words mean little at this point in your grief. No matter what anyone says - the fact remains the Mike weas taken from you, and all of of us, far too soon. I only hope that one day - when you read these wishes again - you will know how much your dad's personality, his heart and his passion fueled the fir...e of creative people on Maui, in Hawai'i and across the globe.There's a line in a song that says, "...seems the good, they die young. I turned around and he was gone..." Yeah.I believe many will choose to remember Mike's spirit more than they will mourn the loss. All I know is that he was one of a kind who was ALWAYS there for me - and countless others. Your dad was a hero. He epitomized what someone who chose the life path that he chose. Smarts. Creativity. Love of God and love of family. That's your dad. I am forever blessed that my life path got to cross his and I will always be grateful. I pray you and Mary can get past the grief as quickly as possible (but it doe...s take as long as it takes), and begin to cherish the memories, spirit and all theing good that Mike Knows was - and always will be - to the comming of Earth.We're all better having known him. ~ Jeff

Mike ,I'll one day retrace your steps In the Philippines,you'll be missed....... ~ Elmer

Mike, you were a great friend and collegue. I will never forget talking filmmaking with you and working on the many, many gigs in the hotels on Maui for the last 20+ years. You were my go to engineer whenever my cameras konked out. You always returned my gear in better shape than new! You wer...e also a great Christian man and a great example to follow. I feel honored to have been your collegue. Though I am saddened by your passing, I am also joyful that you are in a better place and we will see each other again! ~ Jeff

Mike, You were a faithful friend to the Lauer family... always helping out with Friday night..always doing favors for Kit. Mary, Christina and Jenny are going to miss you so much... and so will your church family. Mahalo for serving the way that you did all these years. You ran a good race.. and I know the Lord was glorified by your life. ~Shelly

He was a man of God, a fine husband, a wonderful dad, brother, friend, son and more. You heard it for yourself--treasure these and all the wonderful memories. Mike will forever be in our hearts. ~Loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment